Tuesday 15 March 2011

The snow......

November 2010. The snow. The cold. The rain. The ice. The dark. The salt. All things that would deter even the hardest, most determined cyclists. Now, I like to think I'm a pretty hardy bloke but I'm also not stupid. There was no way I was about to ride £1000 of 3 month old shiny metal through snow, ice and grit. So the shiny bike was retired for the winter and I was back on the rusty hack bike for the commute.

Although I did cycle to work every day throughout the winter of 2010-2011, the training really suffered. Deciding to do something about it, I bought a turbo trainer in the run up to Christmas. I managed to get a bargain on  a Tacx Satori Stripes Ltd Ed trainer, picking it up for around £140. It proved very useful in helping to lose some of the excess weight gained by beer, turkey and boxes of Quality Street big enough to sink a battleship.

Although the turbo trainer proved useful, I did and still do, find staying in one place pretty tedious.

As the end of January approached, I hoped the weather would clear soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment